Scarborough’s top local plumbers to remove blockages from drains
Dealing with a blocked drain can be a major inconvenience and can result in a significant mess. Over time, soap scum, food particles, cooking grease and oil, and dish soap can accumulate and cause blockages that not only prevent you from using your sink, shower, bathtub or toilet but also pose a serious risk to your plumbing system. For professional assistance with clogged kitchen or bathroom drains, turn to the experienced plumbers at Superior Plumbing & Heating.
Our company has been serving customers for decades and has built a reputation of trust and experience. Whether it’s a minor blockage or a clogged drain deep in the pipes, our highly trained technicians know exactly what to do. We prioritise ongoing education for our plumbers to ensure they can offer you the highest quality drain cleaning services. Our commitment to delivering timely turnaround, upfront pricing, and a longer warranty on our drain unclogging services in Scarborough is unwavering. We have fully stocked trucks and are ready to assist you right away.
Clogged drains symptoms and how to deal with them
Acting quickly to address a blocked drain is crucial in preventing more serious issues. It’s important to recognise the obvious signs of a blocked drain, as this can save you from costly problems down the line.
- Water builds up in the kitchen sink, bath, toilet or shower;
- Water draining slowly;
- Gurgling in the water supply;
- Unpleasant smell from the shower or sink coming from the sewerage system;
- Gurgling from the sewerage system (usually occurs after running the washing machine or dishwasher);
- Puddles of water on the floor near the bathtub, shower, sink, toilet or laundry room.
If you are not experiencing a plumbing emergency, don’t hesitate to try the following methods to clear any obstructions:
- Use a plunger. Plungers are the easiest and most effective way to get rid of a blockage in the drain. Simply cover the drain hole completely with the end of the plunger and pump the handle up and down. This will push the blockage out.
- Drain snake, auger or wire hanger. This long, flexible metal tool is available at your local hardware store. You push it towards the drain. When you pull it out, the barbs grab the dirt and hair and pull it up.
- Baking soda and vinegar. Pour a cup of baking soda (or vinegar) down the drain. It should rest for at least one hour or overnight. After that, thoroughly fill the sewer with hot water.
- Boiling water. Pour the boiling water down the drain and then rinse the dishes.
Prevention is the best way to avoid problems, especially when it comes to clogged drains. To prevent this, use drain stoppers and clean drain covers and openings regularly. It’s also important to apply home unclogging remedies at least once a month. However, it’s not advisable to use aggressive chemical-based clog removers as they may cause more damage to the pipes than the clog itself.
If you notice any signs of clogged drains or if your attempts to clear them with natural solutions are not effective, it is advisable to seek the assistance of a professional. At Superior Plumbing & Heating, we offer a range of drain cleaning services and are committed to providing you with a hassle-free and efficient service. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you suspect that your home has a blocked drain, and we will do our best to resolve the issue for you.