The best neighbourhood team of plumbers for drain unclogging in Hamilton, Ontario
A clogged drain is a headache and can cause a huge mess. Food particles, soap scum, cooking grease and oil and dish soap accumulate over time if left untreated. Not only do they keep you from using your sink, tubs, shower or toilet, but repeated clogs can pose a threat to your plumbing system and signal a more hazardous problem, such as a blocked main sewer line. If you suffer from the kitchen sink or bathroom drain clogs, turn to the experienced plumbers at Superior Plumbing & Heating!
We have been meeting our customers’ drain cleaning needs for decades, and thus have built a trusted reputation and accumulated considerable experience. Be it a minor blockage or a clogged drain deep in the pipe, we know what to do. Our specialists undergo rigorous technical training regularly, allowing them to provide you with an exceptional drain cleaning service at the highest level every time. We guarantee timely turnaround, upfront pricing, and an extended warranty on our drain unclogging services in Hamilton. With fully stocked trucks, we are ready to help you right now!
Minor annoyances or severe disasters
We can handle nearly anything in one go, guaranteeing you that the solution will be affordable and long-lasting. Order the best specialist in Canada Now (289) 210-4946
Clogged drains symptoms and how to deal with them
A blocked drain can be easy to fix, but it can provoke more extensive problems if not addressed on time.
It pays to know the obvious signs of a drain clog:
- Water accumulates in the kitchen sink, bathtub, toilet or shower;
- Slow-draining water;
- Gurgling sounds in the plumbing;
- Unpleasant odour coming out of the shower or sink drain;
Bubbling from the sewer (usually happens after the washing machine or dishwasher operation);
Puddles of water form on the floor near the bathtub, shower, sink, toilet or laundry room.
Unless you have a plumbing emergency, do not hesitate to try the following ways to remove the drain blockage:
- Try using a plunger. The most obvious and usually the most efficient solution for drain unclogging is the good old plunger. Simply cover the drain hole completely with the plunger end and pump up and down with the handle, pushing the clog.
- Drain snake, auger or wire hanger. This long, flexible metal tool can be found in your local household store. You push it all the way into the drain and when you pull it back out, the barbs grab onto hair clog and dirt and pull it up.
- Baking soda and vinegar. Blend one cup of baking soda and vinegar, pour it down the drain, and leave it to sit overnight or for at least one hour. Then run hot water thoroughly.
- Boiling water. Flush the boiling water down the drain and then rinse it out.
The best cure is prevention. To avoid clogged bathroom and kitchen sink drains, use drain stoppers and clean drain covers and openings. Plus, don’t forget to apply home unclogging remedies at least once per month. We do not recommend using aggressive chemical-based clog removers, as they can damage the pipes even more than the clog itself.
If the natural remedies don’t seem to work for a stubborn blockage, or you have noticed any of the clogged drains signs, the best decision is to have indoor plumbing professionals examine the pipes to avoid further damage.
At Superior Plumbing & Heating, we use a variety of drain cleaning methods and can provide you with a fast, stress-free, professional service. If you think your home may be suffering from a drain clog, simply give us a call, and we will do our best to resolve the situation!