Our water softener services are a win-win decision for Hamilton residents!
The amount of minerals dissolved in the water determines how soft or hard it is. If your house’s plumbing system passes hard water, the consequences can be various. It threatens your health, and the sediment it leaves behind may corrode pipes, devices, fixtures, and even silverware and glass. To address these problems quickly and efficiently, Superior Plumbing & Heating offers its clients professional water softener installation in Hamilton.
When choosing our team, you trust your water treatment needs to experienced specialists with 10 years of actual practice and top certifications like North American Technician Excellence (NATE) and Red Seal. Moreover, each expert has a flexible schedule that, in tandem with round-the-clock customer support, allows us to rid your water of dangerous metals even on the same day. In addition, prices for our servicing do not exceed the Canadian market’s average, and water softener installation and replacement costs are no exception.
Before executing a project, you conduct initial diagnostics and carry out water tests, allowing us to determine the type of device to set. We use only proven methods of work, manufacturer’s replacement parts and top-notch tools to provide high-quality assistance and repair your softening appliances right the first time. Don’t be afraid that you will have to search for tips on how to use the device properly – our water softener installers will correctly configure it and give you lots of helpful advice.
Minor annoyances or severe disasters
We can handle nearly anything in one go, guaranteeing you that the solution will be affordable and long-lasting. Order the best specialist in Canada Now (289) 210-4946
How to diagnose the water softener?
As an inexperienced homeowner, it is not always possible to determine the exact cause of plumbing equipment failure, let alone complete water softener installation. The only correct solution is to call our professional for maintenance, who, after carrying out detailed diagnostics, will identify the root of the issue and get rid of it ASAP:
- First, we always start simple – check whether your device is connected to electricity;
- Then, we double-check the bypass valve and the knobs to be set properly;
- There’s also a chance that the regeneration parameters are incorrect. This way, we always set up a timer;
- The effectiveness of your device on regular checks for low salt or a salt bridge, therefore it’s essential to keep salt levels at the correct dosage and clean pre-filter if necessary;
- Also, the resin beads often wear out and need to be changed, which is another prevalent issue. If necessary, we will offer you many effective solutions, including water softener resin tank replacement.
- Finally, we pay attention to the inspection of the engine. If it malfunctions, the whole system won’t operate properly and will show low-quality results.
How to install or replace the water softener properly?
On arrival, our technician will first conduct water tests. Thanks to this, it will be possible to set the correct softener settings. The next step is to find a place with a suitable temperature and close enough to internal communications to place the device. Then, we will follow these steps:
- The plumber will set the brine tank bypass sleeve if one is included and install a new water softener.
- Then, we secure the device with clamps if they have two tanks;
- The next step is to make the connection to the main pipeline by cutting the pipe and installing a bypass valve;
- Also, the softener’s inlet and outlet ports must then be attached to a water supply;
- Finally, an overflow pipe will be installed to prevent potential damage.
Also, suppose you already have an existing device; however, it needs to be changed for several reasons. In that case, our plumber always has one-stop solutions. Furthermore, our water softener replacement cost will be affected by several components we will have to restore – resin, tank, valve, timer, media, tube or filter. Typically, this process occurs as follows:
- We disconnect the power and turn off the water to the current device;
- Next, we find a bypass valve, and if it only has one stem, shut it. Or, if different elements are entering and leaving, shut them off and keep the valve open.
- To remove the water softener, we will first release the clamps holding it in place.
- Then, we will ensure the brine valve is dry by detaching the distributor tube from it.
- Finally, our specialist will empty out the content from the current device and connect the new one to the plumbing system, securing the clips.
Do you actually need a water softener?
The best way to determine whether your water can be considered “hard” and whether you need to order a “water softener installation near me” service is to carry out water tests. Often homeowners try to determine the water quality on their own, based on its taste – it will have a strong mineral taste. In addition, this can be determined if you notice dry skin and hair, stains on your fixtures and device that seem like a white film, and constantly failing plumbing equipment. If you experience any of these problems, then you definitely need such a device.
By answering the question, “Is Hamilton water hard or soft?” our team considers general information about 7.5 grains of hard water. Remember that a standard tank loses 2% efficiency annually to scale buildup at such rates. To verify this, call our plumbers to conduct water tests and give you advice on whether or not to install the water softener at your home. Consult with our 24/7 call center or book a service online and get a 4-hour on-site response!