Reliable water softeners services in St. Catharines!
Underestimating the presence of hard water in your plumbing system often results in costly restorations and skin and hair issues. To avoid it, Superior Plumbing & Heating offers its customers a win-win decision – professional water softener installation and replacement at an affordable cost! Since 2007, nothing has been impossible for our experienced plumbers – from installing carbon filters to timer calibration. Our experts have many OEM replacement parts in stock, top-notch tools and apply only proven work methods. Furthermore, their skills are confirmed by top certifications like North American Technician Excellence (NATE) and Red Seal.
Water hardness is measured by the number of dissolved minerals in it – calcium, magnesium, and manganese. Such a “mixture” leads to the appearance of iron water, which is dangerous for your plumbing system and health. First, mineral particles may accumulate in plumbing and appliances, preventing water flow and reducing efficiency. Second, detergents are less effective in hard water, which will increase the amount of their use. Third, water with “pests” can be harmful to your skin and hair. So, high-quality water softener installation will be a great solution to get rid of all of the above.
Thanks to our round-the-clock customer support and the flexible schedule of our best plumbers, your project will be executed at any preferable time. Moreover, we offer maintenance and repair services, which will help extend your device’s life and ensure its correct operation. Call us or schedule an appointment online – our water softener installers are always around the corner and ready to assist you!
How to diagnose the water softener?
Based on our experience, detecting the breakage of the softeners may be more challenging than you imagine. In order to avoid breaking the operating components and to identify the exact location of the malfunction in time, hire our specialist for detailed diagnostics. We will carry out the following:
- After making sure the water and power are turned on, we inspect the bypass and adjust the knobs at the correct positions;
- After that, we reset the timer so that the regeneration process occurs at the right time – when you are at work or asleep;
- Then, our expert will next check the salt level in the tank, which should be a couple of inches higher than the water usually found there.
- The next step is to inspect the resin beads. Usually, after several years of use, it is significantly reduced, which may lead to the necessity for water softener resin tank replacement;
- Finally, we will test your engine. Its incorrect operation may cause a general reduction in the efficiency of your plumbing equipment;
How to install or replace the water softener properly?
Using DIY methods and tools, you have no guarantee about your device’s correct function and long operational life. Trust the water softener installation in St. Catharines to our experts and will follow this algorithm:
- The first step is to set the brine tank bypass sleeve if required by the manufacturer;
- Then, we set the device to a place that has a normal temperature range and is easily accessible to internal communications;
- If your softening equipment includes 2 tanks, we will secure them with clamps;
- The next step is to make the connection to the main pipeline by cutting the pipe;
- Then, we place a bypass valve;
- Finally, the softener’s inlet and outlet ports must then be attached to a water supply and, if necessary, an overflow pipe should be installed for added safety;
Having decided to replace the old device yourself, you risk no less than with its installation. Don’t be afraid that prices will “bite” you – our water softener replacement cost will be affected by the components we have to change – resin, tank, valve head, timer, media, tube or filter. To make the project successful, our specialist will follow these steps:
- First, we will disconnect the existing device from the power and turn off the water supply to it;
- Then, we will close your single-stemmed bypass valve. If various elements are coming in and out, we will shut them off and keep the valve open;
- Further, if your brine tank still has salt or potassium pellets in a good state, we will save them for the new device;
- After that, our expert will release the clips before disconnecting the softening equipment;
- Next, we will check that the distributor tube is free of moisture by isolating it from the brine valve;
- When the content of your old unit is removed, we install the new water softener by fastening the clips once you’ve connected it to your plumbing;
Do you actually need a water softener in St. Catharines?
The importance of this water treatment device to your household cannot be overestimated. Moreover, when water hardness in St. Catharines equals 7 grains per gallon. It’s essential to be aware that a regular tank loses 2% of its efficiency annually to scale buildup at 7.5 grains on average. As a result, it’s crucial to install a water softener and eliminate possible issues, along with improving water’s physical and chemical properties. Such a purchase will be beneficial for a number of reasons:
- It improves the efficiency of water-consuming home appliances and extends the lifespan of the whole plumbing system;
- Your clothes will feel softer;
- Cooked dishes will be much tastier;
- Healthier skin and hair;
Simplify your well-being by contacting our specialists, who can carry out “water softener installation near me” promptly and qualitatively. And thanks to our valuable coupons and pleasant promotions, the cost of any project will not exceed the average on the Canadian market.