Sump pump replacement you can always count on!
A sump pump removes water from the basement to keep the lower living, laundry and storage areas dry and safe. It is effective after heavy downpours and ice melt when high levels of moisture can threaten to seep in through the foundation of your home.
If the drainage pump malfunctions, the tank in which it is located may overflow and flood the basement. Obviously, basement flooding is a nasty and costly emergency, which is why it’s so important to make sure the pump is working properly. It may be failing for several reasons. Here are the most frequent ones:
- the unit is not the appropriate size for your house;
- it was originally installed incorrectly;
- there is a problem with the pump switch;
- the pump has not been properly maintained (regular service will let you spot minor problems before they turn into major ones).
If you suspect something is wrong with your sump pump and need it to be inspected or replaced, the experts at Superior Plumbing & Heating are here to help, as we are well trained and experienced in handling the overall procedure:
- Removing the old sump pump;
- Installing the new unit:
- centring and aligning the new sump pump;
- connecting the discharge line;
- plugging in the new sump pump;
- covering the sump pit.
3.Testing the newly installed pump.
The experts at Superior Plumbing & Heating are on hand 24/7 to conduct sump pump replacement, routine maintenance or emergency repair. Many homeowners may never think about their sump pump until they’re faced with an ankle-deep basement flooding after a heavy rainstorm. Be proactive and make sure your pump is in good working order to avoid costly water damage. Leave the tough work to us; Superior Plumbing & Heating plumbers are ready to help with any of your pumping needs!
Types of sump pumps and their specs
The two main types of sump pumps are submersible and pedestal ones. Battery sump pumps are perfect during a power outage, but they are not normally the basic choice among sump pumps.
Pedestal sump pumps have the engine located above the waterline. They are also recognized for these specifications:
- They are louder than submersible pumps because the motor is outdoors;
- You can attach a cover to soften the noise of the water in the pit;
- Cast iron pedestal pumps are more long-lasting than thermoplastic ones;
- Plastic pumps can provide you with more power for less than cast iron pumps, but they don’t serve as long;
- They can’t cope with small debris, such as shredded leaves or pebbles, that get into the water.
A submersible sump pump has all the work done under water. Their benefits are as follows:
- They are quieter than pedestal sump pumps, particularly if they have a cover;
- Submersible pumps are backed by more capable motors and can withstand extended short-term use, such as heavy thunderstorms;
- They are cooled by the water they are in, which is useful for fast processing of larger volumes of water;
- A cast iron pump will have a longer life than a plastic pump;
- These pumps are tough enough to expel any debris that enters the sump, also called a water basin.
Battery sump pumps are useful if your home is susceptible to power outages during a severe thunderstorm. Their most vivid specs include the following:
- These pumps take over when the basic pump cannot run on electricity;
- They help reduce the load when the main pump can’t handle a lot of water;
- Battery pumps provide precious time to save the sump pit if it overflows due to a heavy running of water.
Regardless of the sump pump you choose, our expert technicians will ensure its trouble-free and durable operation by professional maintenance and repair. Since they know all types of sump pumps backwards and forwards, you will get the finest and the most dependable service available!
How to address typical sump pump faults?
Sump pumps go to great lengths to keep your home dry from harmful water levels.
Over time, you may encounter unexpected problems with your pump, especially if it has to run often. If you face a broken or malfunctioning pump, follow our guide to the most frequent pump issues. First, however, make sure that the power is turned off, and read the manufacturer’s safety guidelines before proceeding with any work.
So, let’s review several common sump pump issues and ways to tackle them:
- Incorrect initial installation. If your system is acting weird, it could be because your pump was installed wrong. For instance, if you hear the sound of the motor running but don’t see water being pumped out, your technician may not have placed a check valve on the discharge line when installing your pump. The only appropriate solution here is to reinstall the equipment or replace the elements which have been damaged due to improper installation.
- Clogged sump pump. Perhaps unsurprisingly, a clogged intake is one of the most typical issues with a sump pump. You can also experience clogs due to poor maintenance or if your pump lacks a cover. A clogged sump pump can be fixed by a qualified professional – or replaced if necessary. Regular pump maintenance, including inspection and cleaning, will help keep it in perfect condition.
- Overloaded sump pump. If you have recently endured torrential rains, your sump pump may be overloaded by a heavy flow of water and, therefore, may fail or malfunction. Your best option here may be to upgrade your pump to better suit your needs, or you may also consider using multiple pumps to deal with severe storms and significant amounts of water.
- A stuck switch. If your sump pump is running without rain, there is most likely an issue with a tangled or clogged float switch. A stuck float cannot change its position, so your pump may not turn on at all. In this case, it is better to turn to professionals who will examine the unit and fix this minor issue quickly, as DIY interference may only make the situation worse.
There are several common sump pump problems & solutions, so it may take some time to determine the exact issue with your pump. Superior Plumbing & Heating provides competent sump pump maintenance and repair services so that your pump will be restored in no time at all! Our expert engineers are versed in the most common sump pump issues and will get them resolved efficiently, saving you time, money and property!
Trustworthy sump pump service you will stay with
Who conducts sump pump replacement near me? Superior Plumbing & Heating does! You have enough on your plate as it is to handle your sump pump replacement. Instead of adding it to your to-do list, add it to ours. We’ll get the job completed fast and on time! When you contact our company, we are committed to providing you with excellent results. Our team will evaluate the condition of your sump pump and suggest the best course of action. Thousands of satisfied customers value our affordable services, superior work, using advanced and reliable equipment, guaranteed repairs, courteous and professional staff.
Our goal is for you to continue to choose Superior Plumbing & Heating for all of your plumbing needs, and we will achieve this through transparency, quality work, and customer service. Our experts are at your disposal 24/7 to handle routine or emergency pump service, installation or replacement. We are looking forward to working with you!