Effective sump pump replacement and installation in Guelph
The sump pump is equipment normally placed at the lowest point in your house. The pump is attached to the drainage system to extract water, keeping your home safe. If you own a new house, you most likely already have fairly decent equipment that only needs occasional maintenance. However, if you have an older home, you may have a deteriorating unit, or you may not even have one at all. In either case, our team at Superior Plumbing & Heating is here to take care of your sump pump installation and replacement project in Guelph.
You can confide in Superior Plumbing & Heating competently installing, replacing, repairing and maintaining your equipment. Our well-trained technicians work with all major brands and will always offer a practical solution that fits your budget and needs!
Signs that you have to change a sump pump
Sump pumps are known for failing at the most inopportune moment. The following warning signs may indicate that your equipment is on its last legs:
- Continuous operating (this may indicate that the pump is not capable of pumping out the water in your basement; it is forced to run constantly to cover the load);
- Frequent switching on and off (the basin may be too small to cope with the amount of water in your basement; when the pump is overworking, the motor starts to burn out);
- Producing weird sounds (if your sump pump sounds like something other than a humming noise, it could be caused by faulty parts or a jammed impeller);
- Signs of rusting;
- Not turning on (check if the power is on, otherwise, contact professionals).
We understand that when a sump pump isn’t working efficiently, the entire home suffers. Our experienced team at Superior Plumbing & Heating can help determine if your equipment has reached the end of its service life and resuscitate or replace it in no time!
How many years does a sump pump last?
With proper care and maintenance, a sump pump lasts from 7 to 10 years.
Just like other critical systems in your home, sump pumps need proper maintenance to ensure continued operation when necessary. Have your sump pump professionally serviced on a regular basis with Superior Plumbing & Heating! Each maintenance visit provides the preventative care your unit needs to maintain peak performance levels while in action. Our plumbers will inspect all pump components, including the float switch, the pit and the valve, make sure the unit is free of debris that could clog the pump, and check that all backup batteries are properly charged. Investing in maintenance for your sump pump is an extra layer of protection, which helps keep your home safe!
How much does it cost to install a sump pump in Guelph?
The cost of installing a new sump pump in your home will vary depending on your needs. Replacing your current sump pump is less expensive than installing a new one because it typically does not require digging, electrical upgrades, or additional plumbing-related expenses. In addition, there are a few other factors that can affect the total price of installing or replacing a sump pump:
- Type of sump pump you need (both submersible and pedestal pumps have their own benefits and costs, so contact us today to get competent consultation and choose the appropriate unit for your home);
- Floor type in your basement (gravel is easy to dig, yet concrete or cement will most likely increase the final installation price);
- Installation location (submersible and pedestal sump pumps are placed differently and have varying placement requirements – all of these factors will be taken into consideration in the final installation estimate).
Whatever your sump pump needs, our expert plumbers will determine the best sump pump for you, providing professional advice before any work begins. You’ll know exactly what the best reasonably priced solution is for your new equipment – that is our guarantee!