Sump Pump Installation and Replacement in Mississauga
Among all the advantages, living in your own home has its drawbacks. Among them is the periodic need to deal with the consequences of floods or the penetration of groundwater into the basement. But there is a solution! A well-chosen and connected sump pump will help get rid of excess moisture and prevent serious troubles that uninvited water brings with it. The main function of this type of equipment is to pump out water with further discharge into the sewer, gutter, septic tank, or special tank.
If you decide to install a sump pump in your home, rely on the experienced plumbers of Superior Plumbing & Heating, as self-installation is fraught with emergency repairs and other unpleasant surprises that disrupt the usual way of life and entail a lot of trouble. We offer all the necessary services for sump pump installation & replacement in Mississauga 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year round, and we have all the necessary licenses and certificates, as well as many years of experience. Do not wait for the next rain, which is accompanied by basement flooding — contact us right now!
When is it time to think about replacing the sump pump?
In order not to be afraid of unexpected and unpleasant surprises during bad weather, you should be aware of common signs of a sump pump failure, so you know when to replace it. Let’s get to know them better:
- Worn out. If the lifespan of your pump is coming to an end, you should seriously think about replacing the device;
- Work non-stop. This is another one of the signs that you have to change a sump pump. Perhaps the device is too small to pump out all the water in the pit;
- Float switch problems. Because of this, the pump will not be able to turn on and off at the right time;
- Power fluctuations. It may happen that the pump was damaged due to a power surge, damaging the motor, fuse or wiring;
- Wrong installation. An improperly installed pump can eventually break down, work inefficiently, and flood the basement.
- Work when not needed. If there is no water in the sump and the pump continues to run, it needs to be replaced.
How long will my pump last?
You must be wondering, how many years does a sump pump last? The average life of a sump pump is 7 to 10 years; however, several factors affect the life of a water pump:
- Frequency of switching on the pump. If you live in an area where it rains very often or there is a lot of groundwater, then the help of a sump pump may be more in demand. The engine starts and stops more frequently than in drier areas, and the device wears out faster. If you notice that your pump turns on too often — contact the plumbers from Superior Plumbing & Heating to carry out an inspection;
- Wrong size. If the device is too small, and its power is not always enough to pump out all the water, then it will work more often or even non-stop. This load on the pump can shorten its service life. It is better to think about replacing or installing an additional device;
- Well, the last thing that helps to extend the life of the sump pump is regular maintenance. By asking for help from our experienced plumbers, you can be sure that your device is in good working order and works as efficiently as possible.
How much do I have to pay to install the pump?
Well, the last thing worth discussing is how much does it cost to install a sump pump in Mississauga? This may depend on several factors:
- Availability of the sump system. If you are installing a pump in an unfinished renovation, then the price will be lower than if it is a finished basement because additional work will be required;
- The right spot. If you already have a place to transfer water to, then the cost will be lower;
- The presence of sump lines. Installation of pipes will also require additional costs;
- Installation of the battery. If there are frequent power outages in your area, then you should consider installing a backup battery. This will increase the value of installing the device.
The cost of installing a sump pump depends on many factors, but it’s worth it to avoid problems in the future. Professionals from Superior Plumbing & Heating will choose the most rational and cost-effective option. To be as convenient as possible for our customers, we have developed an extensive system of discounts and special offers. Contact us today!