Certified water testing: check what you drink
Unpurified water contains certain harmful substances that can lead to health problems related to digestion, reproduction, and the nervous system. If you are concerned about these risks and seek “water testing near me,” trust Superior Plumbing & Heating.
We specialize in extensive drinking water analysis, providing services to private well owners, industrial companies, manufacturers and small businesses. Our licensed experts carry out inspections with accuracy and professionalism. So, you can trust us to deliver high-quality results.
What are the main aspects of water analysis?
Water analysis is an important process in which physical, chemical and biological aspects are analyzed to assess water quality. Here are the main factors we check:
- Hardness. Hardness depends on the amount of minerals in water (calcium, magnesium, etc.). When it’s high, you may experience issues like scale buildup in pipes and appliances, which can reduce their lifespan.
Effective solution – based on water testing results, specialists may offer to install softening appliances.
0–3 gpg (grains per gallon) – soft
3.5–7 gpg – moderately hard
7.5 gpg – hard
- Iron. The concentration is usually less than 0.3 mg/litre
Even in low amounts, this element can lead to discoloration and staining of fixtures, laundry, and plumbing. Furthermore, you might notice a change in the flavour and scent of your water.
Effective solution – filtration systems.
- pH. A safe range is 6.5–8.5. A low or high pH indicates heavy metal or chemical pollution.
This index is a measure of the acidity or alkalinity. Extreme levels can indicate corrosiveness or scaling potential in water. As a result, you may face issues affecting plumbing and appliances. Analysis with the help of reliable water tester tools eliminates the problem.
Effective solution – neutralization equipment, such as chemical feeders or pH adjustment systems.
- Copper. The level in drinking water should not exceed 1300 ug/l.
Excess copper can be harmful to human health, causing liver damage, stomach cramps, nausea, kidney disease, and headaches. It can also lead to blue-green staining of fixtures and surfaces.
Effective solution – filtration, reverse osmosis, or ion exchange.
Poor water quality can pose significant risks, from chronic health conditions to waterborne diseases. That is why it is essential to conduct checks once a year. However, if you notice staining, cloudiness, dry skin, sediment, or other signs mentioned above, you may need an immediate water test outside the schedule to avoid risks.
Minor annoyances or severe disasters
Recommendations for updating the cleaning system
Check the methods we often use to improve water quality for our clients:
- Water softener. The system removes hardness minerals through an ion exchange process. By exchanging them with sodium ions, the softeners prevent scale buildup in pipes and appliances and improve their operation. This results in smoother skin and hair, cleaner dishes and laundry, and reduced maintenance costs for household equipment.
- Iron water filter. This method can use various technologies like oxidation, filtration, and ion exchange to effectively remove iron, ensuring clear, odour-free, and better-tasting water. By addressing related problems after our experts perform a test for water quality, we improve its quality for consumption and household use.
- Ultraviolet filter. The system uses UV-light to disinfect water by inactivating and destroying harmful microorganisms like bacteria, viruses, and protozoa. The radiation penetrates the cells of microorganisms, disrupting their DNA and preventing them from reproducing. These filters can effectively remove microbial contaminants from water without using chemicals, making it safe and clean.
- Reverse osmosis. By applying pressure, the systems push water through the membrane, leaving behind contaminants while producing purified water on the other side. This process effectively removes many pollutants, resulting in high-quality, clean, and great-tasting water. Thus, it becomes suitable for drinking, cooking, and other household uses.
Contact Superior Plumbing & Heating for water quality testing to ensure the safety of your drinking, cooking, and bathing.