Sump pump installation & replacement in Pickering
Living in a house has its share of drawbacks, and one of them is dealing with flooding and groundwater intrusion into the basement. Fortunately, there is a solution to this problem! By carefully selecting and correctly connecting a sump pump, you can get rid of excess moisture and prevent serious issues. The primary function of a sump pump is to move water out of your basement and discharge it to the gutters, sewers, sewer tank, or a specially designed tank.
It’s best to rely on the plumbing experts at Superior Plumbing & Heating for sump pump installation & replacement services in Pickering. Attempting to install it yourself could lead to emergency repairs and other unpleasant surprises, disrupting your daily life and causing additional problems. We provide sump pump services 7 days a week, with the necessary permits, certificates, and have years of experience. Don’t wait until the next storm hits and floods your basement; call us today to get started.
When is it time to think about replacing the sump pump?
It is important to know the signs that you have to change a sump pump so that you can replace it if necessary. Find out more about them:
- Worn out. If your unit is nearing the end of its service life, you should seriously consider replacing it;
- It works continuously. This is another sign that you need to replace your sump pump. The device may be too small to pump out all the water in the pit;
- Problems with the float switch. Because of this, the pump will not be able to switch on and off in time;
- Power fluctuations. It may happen that the pump fails due to a power surge, damaging the motor, fuse or wiring;
- Incorrect installation. An improperly installed pump can break down over time, work inefficiently and flood the basement.
How long will my pump last?
How many years does a sump pump last? It has an average service life of 7-10 years. But there are many factors that affect the service life of a sump pump:
- When it comes to using a sump pump, it’s important to consider the frequency at which you turn it on. If you live in an area with a lot of rain or groundwater, you’ll find the pump particularly useful. However, if there’s a lot of rainfall, the engine can wear out faster if it starts and stops too frequently. If you suspect that your pump is running excessively often, it’s best to contact Superior Plumbing & Heating for an inspection.
- Another important factor to consider is the size of the pump. If it’s too small, it’ll need to operate more frequently or even continuously, which can reduce its lifespan. In this case, it’s wise to either replace the pump or add an extra device.
- Finally, regular maintenance is key to prolonging the lifespan of your sump pump. Seeking assistance from our plumbers can ensure that your pump is operating efficiently and in good condition.
How much do I have to pay to install the pump?
How much does it cost to install a sump pump in Pickering? This depends on a number of variables.
- Its accessibility. Installing a sump pump in an unfinished basement will be cheaper than if the basement were finished. This is due to the fact that there will be more work required.
- Location. If you already have a place to pump water, the cost will be lower;
- Pipelines are vital for the proper operation of sump pumps. Additional costs will be incurred for the installation of pipes. Installing an emergency battery is recommended in case of frequent power outages.
Installing a sump pump may come with a high cost, but it’s a wise investment to prevent future problems. At Superior Plumbing & Heating, our experts will choose the most cost-effective and practical solution for you. We also offer a variety of special deals and discounts to make it easier for our clients. Don’t hesitate to contact us today!