Our Water Softener Service Is a Win-Win for Burlington Residents!
The softness or hardness of water is determined by the amount of minerals dissolved in it. If hard water passes through your home’s plumbing system, it can cause various problems. The sediment can damage glass, silverware, pipes, and appliances, and it can also be harmful to your health. Superior Plumbing & Heating offers expert water softener installation to quickly address these issues.
When you choose our team, you can trust that your water treatment needs are being handled by experienced experts with a decade of experience and top certifications such as North American Technician Excellence (NATE) and Red Seal. We offer 24 hour customer support and can provide same-day service to remove harmful metals from your water. Our service costs are also in line with the Canadian market average, and our installation and replacement fees remain the same.
To ensure the best possible maintenance and repair for your water softening appliance, we conduct an initial water test and diagnosis to determine the most suitable solution for your specific project. We use only reliable methods and tools, as well as manufacturer replacement parts. Don’t worry about trying to figure out how to operate the appliance – our water softener installers will configure it for you and provide useful advice.
How Do You Diagnose the Condition of a Water Softener?
As an inexperienced homeowner, it isn’t always possible to determine the root cause of plumbing equipment failure, let alone complete water softener installation by Burlington homeowners. Contacting our maintenance expert is the only solution to solve the problem. After a thorough diagnosis and analysis, the technician will pinpoint the issue’s root and fix it immediately. Look how we do it:
- First, we make sure your device is connected to power.
- After that, we proceed to examine the bypass valve thoroughly and ensure that the knobs are properly adjusted.
- The settings for regeneration may not be correct. Thus, we always use a timer.
- Your device must be regularly checked for low salt or a salt bridge. So, if required, maintaining the correct salt levels and cleaning the pre-filter is essential.
- The small resin beads frequently become worn out and must be replaced, another common problem. We can give you many reasonable solutions to fix the problem, including water softener resin tank replacement.
- Finally, we focus on checking the engine. If it doesn’t work correctly, the entire system won’t function properly, which leads to poor performance.
How Do You Replace or Install a Water Softener?
When our technicians arrive, they begin conducting water tests. Thanks to this, it will be possible to determine the proper softener settings. The next step is to locate a place with the right temperature and good internal communications to connect your device. Then, we will follow the steps below:
- The specialist will set the brine tank bypass sleeve if one is included and install a new water softener.
- Then, we secure the device with clamps if there are two tanks;
- The next stage is to make the connection to the main pipeline by cutting the pipe and installing a bypass valve;
- Also, the softener’s inlet and outlet ports must then be connected to a water supply;
- Finally, an overflow pipe will be installed to stop the potential damage.
If you have a device that needs to be replaced for various reasons, our plumber offers comprehensive solutions. The water softener replacement cost depends on the specific components that require replacement, such as the tank, resin, timers, media, tubes, filters, and more. The replacement process usually follows the procedure described below:
- We unplug the device and stop the water supply to it.
- After that, we locate a bypass valve. If the valve only has one stem, we close it. Alternatively, if various elements are entering and leaving, we turn them off and leave the valve open.
- To remove the water softener, we’ll start by loosening the clamps that keep it secure.
- Next, we will make sure the brine valve is dry by detaching the distributor tube from it.
- Finally, our expert will remove the contents from the current device and attach the new one to the plumbing system, making sure it is firmly secured.
Do You Really Require an Appliance to Soften Your Water?
The most effective way to determine whether your water is “hard” and whether you should order a “water softener installation near me” service is to conduct water tests. When trying to determine the quality of their water, many homeowners rely on taste, precisely the distinct mineral taste. Additionally, they may notice dry skin and hair or staining on fixtures and devices that appear as a white film. If you are experiencing any of these issues, it is recommended that you have a device installed to help with the problem.
If you wonder whether the water is hard or soft in your region, we consider general information about 7. 5 grains of hard water. Keep in mind that a regular tank gets less efficient by 2% every year due to the buildup of scale at this pace. We suggest contacting our plumbers to perform a water test and get advice on whether you should install a water softener in your home. You can reach our 24/7 center by phone or request service online for a same-day response.