Quality water softener repair services in Toronto
Having hard water in the plumbing system may become an issue for many Canadians during showering, washing dishes, or laundry. Still, water softeners can compensate for this discomfort. Unfortunately, any plumbing unit is subject to wear out and mechanical damage, which can be corrected through professional restoration. One of the reliable contractors providing such water softener repairs in Toronto is Superior Plumbing & Heating – a team of 40+ trained technicians aimed at exceeding your expectations.
Cooperation with us is an opportunity to get superior service at an affordable price. Our plumbers regularly complete extensive apprenticeships and own top certificates, such as North American Technician Excellence (NATE) and Red Seal, coming on-site fully equipped with top-notch tools and OEM spare parts. Do not worry if you need to fix a water softener in Toronto during «business hours» – our help is available even on weekends and holidays. Consult with our 24/7 operators or request service online – the project’s success is guaranteed!
How to fix a water softener in Toronto?
A broken water-softening device can become a nightmare for a homeowner accustomed to using soft water. Most often, you may encounter the following problems:
- Law water pressure caused by the unit. There are many reasons for this fault. First, it might be the improper sizing of your softening device, which can be tested by checking the inlet and output pressure. Second, sediment accumulation or scaling can form a blockage, preventing free water flow. Thirdly, drained-out-of-tank resin beds can also cause a clog. Replacing them and entire system flushing will be a great solution. Finally, the problem may arise due to iron build-up in the resin tank. In this case, we will repair your water softener in Toronto by setting up other regeneration cycles or adding a mineral cleaner.
- Salt bridges. Salt, which is still a mineral, may scale within the water softener’s tank and pipes. Sometimes this accumulation may cause salt bridges at the tank’s base, making your system ineffective in softening the water. Our team can help you eliminate such bridges by carefully breaking the salt crust and cleaning the build-up around the tank’s edges.
- The salt is needed to be replenished more often. Although resin beads are a common addition to salt-based water softeners to increase efficiency, they are prone to failure, requiring adding more salt. Besides these beads being designed to endure the system’s lifetime, their fault may occur earlier in the form of floating particles in the water. Our plumber will easily clean and replace them anytime you need them!
How much does it cost to repair a water softener in Toronto?
In general, providing an estimate before identifying the root of the problem to clients is not only wrong but also unprofessional. Often, the homeowner can only describe failure symptoms, which is clearly not enough for the final price formation. After carrying out the diagnosis, our plumber will voice you the final cost of our Toronto water softener repairs, which will vary depending on several factors:
- Client’s location. First, we take into account the distance to your home and how hard it will be to get to you.
- Size and complexity of the system. Then, the price is affected by the value of the work we have to do. Eventually, repairing a small system beneath the sink is less expensive than a whole-house device.
- Replacement parts. When restoring your unit, we are forced to change their wear-out or broken components: control valve, resin, or seals. Unfortunately, we may not have some unique spare parts in stock, so we may need to order them. Often, this category has the most impact on the final price because each of the elements of your unit differs by cost.
However, our company’s policy always remains 100% transparent. Each of these factors will be evaluated before executing the project, after which you will get an estimate. Such upfront pricing, in tandem with the «no hidden fees» strategy, will help you not to worry about increasing the cost of our water softener repair services in Toronto throughout the procedure. Additionally, you will get a complete labour warranty, which will protect you for 3 months from possible faults.