Faucet repair you can rely on in Oshawa
Have you ever thought about how often you use your bathroom and kitchen taps? Even if you are busy, you probably turn on the faucet several times a day. This makes it one of the most frequently used plumbing fixtures in your home. Unfortunately, it can also be prone to leaks and wear and tear, which can be frustrating when you are trying to wash your hands or do the dishes. If you have a broken faucet, don’t worry. Our team of expert plumbers at Superior Plumbing & Heating is here to help. We are committed to providing excellent faucet repair service in Oshawa and would be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Our team of experts is trained to handle any type of tap, regardless of its model or manufacturer. We will come equipped with all the necessary tools and OEM replacement parts to ensure that your restaurant or bathroom does not need to be shut down. You can rely on our 24/7 customer service for immediate assistance and urgent faucet repair.
How do I fix a leaky tap in Oshawa?
Experiencing a “leaky faucet problem” can cause various issues, from difficulty using the faucet to problems balancing hot and cold water. At first, fixing this problem may seem straightforward – just remove the handle or aerator and replace any worn-out parts using DIY guides to save money. However, it’s important to note that not all faucets are the same, and they fall into four categories – cartridge, compression, ceramic disc, and ball – each with its own unique leaky faucet repair options that Oshawa residents have to consider.
- Cartridge. This is the simplest type of cartridge and the most difficult to repair. If a problem occurs, our plumbers will remove the cartridge and cut off the worn o-rings. They will then apply new grease and replace any other faulty parts.
- Compression. Most homeowners with this type of faucet usually have problems with the seat washers. When replacing them, it is important to pay attention not only to the replacement of the O-ring but also to the integrity of the retainer. To fix this faucet in Oshawa, we use only modern tools.
- Ceramic disc. We usually find that the disc cartridge, cylinder, and O-rings need to be replaced in this type during the preliminary inspection. Additionally, we will inspect the body of the faucet for any blockages and remove them as needed.
- Ball. This type has the most complicated mechanism, so if it leaks, you need to replace the springs, rubber seats, and the ball itself.
What is the cost to replace a tap in Oshawa?
Delaying the repair of a broken faucet can have serious consequences, such as increased mildew, mould growth, and higher water costs. These can result in substantial financial losses, increasing the cost of faucet repair in Oshawa. Please note that an accurate quote cannot be provided without inspecting the situation in person. The final price will depend on various factors, including:
- Type of faucet. For example, it can be a faucet for the bathroom (sink or bathtub), kitchen, laundry room, outdoors, etc., and the price will depend on how accessible it is to get to the pipes;
- The style and design of your faucet. Usually, the more complex the faucet mechanism, the more expensive the repair. However, repairing a faucet with one or two handles is cheaper than a faucet with touch or joystick control.
- Material of the faucet. Most faucets are made of brass or stainless steel, but there are a number of colours and finishes that can change the overall price.
- Additional features. Installing filtration or lighting systems can delay the process and affect the final inspection.
As a homeowner without special abilities, skills, or experience, avoiding attempting to fix a leaky faucet on your own is important. Doing so could lead to a complete faucet malfunction, water damage, and other negative effects. Instead, hiring our professional services is best to ensure the job is done safely and effectively. Additionally, our faucet repair service in Oshawa offers a 90-day labour warranty as proof of the quality of our service, giving you protection against any potential faults.