Sewer line cleaning in Mississauga
Clogs and leaks are inevitable issues that appear over time, especially for drains, pipes and sewer systems that have been in operation for a long time. Blockages, such as grease buildup or foreign objects trapped in the system, can prohibit proper flow; corrosion inside the sewer pipe causes it to deteriorate and rupture. As your sewer line typically runs under your yard and has cracks, the wastewater flowing from it will be particularly attractive to plants. These plants can put their roots directly into the sewer line, causing it to clog.
Sewer clogs are a homeowner’s worst nightmare. When your sewer line gets blocked, it causes sewage to back up into your home drain system. It pours out of your kitchen sinks, toilets and bathtubs, causing thousands of dollars worth of damage to your property. The only way to prevent this disaster is to make sure your drains are clean. If you are already experiencing any sewer-related problems or blockages, it is time to call our professionals for an inspection!
Superior Plumbing & Heating is a leader in sewer line repair, cleaning, and replacement in Mississauga. Our plumbers are highly trained and versatile, they can fix any sewer line issues you may be facing. From the initial site inspection to the successful completion of a major sewer cleaning, we have the know-how and equipment to handle any cleaning task. We offer a wide range of professional sewer cleaning services for commercial, industrial and residential customers, including 24/7 emergency turnrounds!
How to choose an efficient and reliable drain cleaning service in Mississauga?
A clogged drain does not function well and can lead to costly repairs in the future. Given these risks, you want to find the best company to take care of the drainage issue and provide you with advice on proper drain maintenance. However, choosing the right service provider is not always easy. To help you make the right decision, we have provided some guidelines to keep in mind when comparing options. Here are some tips to help you find the perfect company.
- What equipment do they use? When the drain is clogged, it is almost impossible to see the cause of your problem from the outside of the pipe. Make sure the company uses advanced cleaning methods like camera inspection or hydro-jetting. Choose a sewer cleaning service that relies on technology to solve your problem more efficiently and consistently.
- How long have they been in the industry? Inexperienced sewer cleaning service providers have difficulty correctly identifying the problem. When considering a sewer cleaning service, make sure that you hire a company with the proper certification and licenses. Untrained plumbers can damage your pipes and make the problem even worse.
- How much do their services cost? Affordability is an important factor when choosing a sewer cleaning service, but it should not be decisive. It is not always a good idea to go with the cheapest service providers. There are several factors that shape the price, so be sure to consider them in advance.
- Do they provide a guarantee and insurance? The best sewer cleaning services provide a warranty for the work done. This is a way to increase customer satisfaction as well as build a large customer base. Most companies offer insurance in case something goes wrong while they are working on your drains. In this case, you will not be held responsible for any damages that occur.
- Do they offer emergency services? Since a clogged drain is a plumbing accident that can’t wait, you need to look for a drain cleaning service in Mississauga that provides 24/7 service in the region. You surely don’t want to wait days for someone to come fix your clogged toilet!
Superior Plumbing & Heating is a cleaning service in Mississauga that meets all the above conditions. We have been in the business for decades, providing excellent professional plumbing services. If you have a clogged drain or want your sewer line repaired, we are just a phone call away!
What is a sewer line, and why is it important to have it cleaned?
Sewage is designed to convey waste in any form from a place where it is not needed to a place where it can be recycled or disposed of. If you imagine a plumbing system in the form of a tree, the main sewer line will be the trunk – this is the main line to which all your plumbing fixtures are connected. Water flows from the sink, shower or toilet to the main sewer line through secondary drain lines that look like the branches of a tree.
Since all of your home’s wastewater flows through the main sewer line, it is a significant problem if it becomes clogged. Continuing to use any appliances while the main sewer line is clogged can cause sewage to back up, contaminating your home with bacteria, viruses and chemicals. Needless to say, it is critical to keep the main sewer line as clean as possible.
In the case of a minor blockage, it is sufficient to use a drain snake. If the blockage is severe and deep, it may be necessary to run high-pressure water through your sewer system to break up any stubborn blockages.
Consider sewer cleaning if you notice that your sewer system is constantly clogging, emitting a foul odour or gurgling sounds. The best way to keep your main sewer line clean is to turn to specialists. Professional plumbers have the proper tools and skills to detect minor clogs or leaks before they develop into major problems!
5 reasons you need to call for professionals for your next sewer line cleaning
When it comes to sewer blockages, it is crucial to seek professional help. It is often difficult for homeowners to assess how serious the clog is. Qualified plumbers can diagnose the degree of severity and clear the blockage quickly. If you are still wondering why you need professionals involved, below are 5 reasons to hire experts:
- Professional equipment. The tools needed to properly clean sewer lines are not easy to obtain or purchase unless you are a professional. A hydro-jetting machine is the best example. Such equipment is expensive and requires special training, but even the simplest professional sewer cleaning tools are too costly for household use. By hiring professionals, you get access to the best equipment for the job at an affordable price.
- Safety. You may not immediately think of plumbing work as “dangerous.” But sewer cleaning involves equipment that can be harmful in the hands of an amateur. Using store-bought “solutions” for sewer cleaning, such as chemical drain cleaners, also has serious potential health hazards. Professionals will make sure that you and your home are safe.
- Saving time. Experts will save you time. Professional work prevents many repair problems and water damage in the future, and you can count on the pros to get the job done in no time while you focus on something else.
- Long-term effect. Tools like drain snakes and plungers don’t unclog the sewer completely, and you often see problems return shortly after. A drain snake can only punch a small hole in a clog, leaving debris behind. Professional sewer cleaning tackles problems at the root for a long-term solution.
- “Like new” drains. Professionals do the job better than amateurs. They are licensed, trained and have seen it all. The difference in the drainage system in your home after the professionals are done with the cleaning is impressive. You will have healthier plumbing, almost no clogs and a huge reduction in unpleasant odours.
Do not risk the safety of your home and family’s health – schedule professional sewer cleaning and get a quality result!
Costs of hiring a professional for a sewer line cleaning
Sewer line cleaning will remove serious clogs that may have backed up the line and improve the flow of wastewater from your home, but not all sewer systems are the same, some require more or less labour and materials than others. Thus, there are certain cost factors to consider before calling a plumber for service.
- Method chosen. Each cleaning method (coil cleaning, hydro-jetting, the use of chemicals, snaking) has its price range. Hydro-jetting is the most effective method, the most gentle on the pipeline and thus the most expensive.
- Sewer age. The overall age of the sewer system and the pipes defines which cleaning method is best suited for your system. Older systems require careful consideration to avoid accidental damage. In almost every case, professionals recommend spending money on camera inspection before the cleaning process. Also, hydro-jetting is the preferred method for older sewer systems because it is the most gentle on aging pipes.
- Location and severity of the clog. Obviously, complex, deep clogs often require twice as much time and financial outlay.
- Additional damage. Unfortunately, sewer clogs cause all sorts of damage if left untreated – and they all require professional repair. You will need to pay for a sewer manhole replacement, removal of any remaining roots that have gotten into the line, and proper disposing hazardous waste that has entered the sewer line. Finally, replacing an entire sewer line is going to cost you dearly, so make sure you take good care of your sewer line to prevent any of the above problems!
At Superior Plumbing & Heating, we believe that the safety of your home is paramount and do everything we can to make safety affordable. We provide explicit estimates, flat rates, and always discuss all costs before the work starts!
How do drain cleaning methods differ?
Even with proper sewer maintenance, clogs are inevitable: minerals dissolved in hard water and oils from hygiene products such as body scrubs and hair conditioners can form an insoluble mass that can eventually block your drain. The good thing is that there are many ways to solve this plumbing problem. Let’s take a look at the most popular ones.
Snaking. The snaking method involves the use of a long, flexible metal tube called a “plumbing snake” (or “drain snake”) to break up clogs. The tube is inserted into the drain and rotated by hand to push the blockage through. The auger, combined with twisting, pushing and pulling movements, allows you to grab the blockage and pull it back out of the sewer.
Snaking is the best option for removing minor blockages. It is also the most suitable choice for older homes (they usually have brittle pipes that are too weak to withstand the powerful pressure of hydro-jetting)
Snake cleaning has proven to be effective in removing clogs – but only temporarily. The hole it makes is too small to thoroughly clean the pipes. It often happens that traces of the clog are left behind, which can cause the pipe to clog much faster the next time. Another drawback of this method is that the tip can mechanically scratch the pipe. This can lead to cracks and rust that open the door to serious problems in the future.
Hydro-jetting. This method implies using water under pressure to get rid of blockages. The machine is used to inject pressurized water, which is then fed into the sewer through a high-pressure hose.
Hydro-jetting has numerous advantages over other cleaning methods: it doesn’t leave debris behind, removes the hardest and most persistent clogs, it is hygienic, non-invasive, environment-friendly and prevents future plumbing issues.
While hydro-jetting offers a lot of major advantages, it also has a few drawbacks.
You should know that professional plumbers should first do a video inspection of your pipes to assess their condition. This is important because, as we mentioned earlier, old pipes may not be able to withstand the powerful flow of water. That is why hydro jetting can only be used by professional plumbers.
Chemical agents. Sewer cleaning chemicals seem like a quick and easy solution for clogged drains. However, this method is not the best approach to sewer cleaning. The aggressive components contained in drain cleaners are designed to cut through anything that clogs the sewer. Unfortunately, these harsh chemicals can lead to corrosion of the pipes and even cause holes to form. Eventually, the pipes will have to be replaced. Sewer cleaning chemicals are highly toxic and can kill the natural bacteria in your septic tank or end up in the water supply.
To avoid making the situation worse and causing further damage, it is always a smart idea to contact a professional team of plumbers. They can assess the situation and give expert advice on the best drain unclogging method to choose.
If you need help clearing a clog, we can help! With over 20 years of combined experience, our professionals at Superior Plumbing & Heating are experts in all kinds of plumbing services, including the most advanced drain cleaning methods. Our team of skilled plumbers will be happy to provide the best options for cleaning your drains!
All about sewer and drain maintenance
You can’t prevent every clog because they naturally occur over time, but you can drastically reduce their frequency by following some easy steps. Rely on trash cans or garbage disposal to remove waste, and limit the number of solid materials that slide down the drain. Never flush prohibited items such as dental floss, paper towels, cat litter or even “flushable” wipes. Finally, conduct regular inspections and perform routine maintenance. You can also avoid grease buildup in the first place if you never pour hot cooking grease down the drain. Grease solidifies when it cools and turns into a sludge that collects other items, blocking the drain.
Experts recommend that you have your sewer line cleaned every 12-18 months to prevent clogs from forming and damaging the pipes. Put it on your calendar and follow the cleaning procedure even if you do not feel any obvious signs of clogging.
By entrusting the maintenance to professionals, you can be sure that the work will be done right. While doing the job yourself may seem easy, it is quite difficult without the high-quality equipment and knowledge that drain cleaning professionals have.
Remember that a little maintenance on your sewer from time to time can do a lot of good, catching a problem before it becomes a disaster. Preventive sewer cleaning done regularly keeps clogs from forming and blocking drain pipes, maintains system efficiency and, overall, gives you much more peace of mind. So, if you haven’t done it in the last year or so, now would be a great time to get all your drains cleaned out, and that is something Superior Plumbing & Heating can help you with!
Why choose Superior Plumbing & Heating for your drain service in Mississauga?
Our attention to detail and commitment to our values has helped us become one of the top-rated and trusted plumbing companies in Mississauga. Serving customers every day and continuing to evolve into an industry standard, we are proud to offer:
- 24-hour emergency services. We provide early morning and late evening turnrounds and always adjust to your schedule or emergency needs.
- Licensed and trustful plumbers on board. Superior is fully licensed and certified to perform all kinds of plumbing services, including drain cleaning. All of our technicians are fully insured, so you don’t have to worry about anything while we’re around.
- Upfront estimates. We offer transparent pricing that you can trust. There are no surcharges, so you know exactly what you are getting and how much it will cost.
- Advanced technology. We use state-of-the-art equipment to ensure proper and safe sewer cleaning, including video inspection to pinpoint problems without costly excavation and damage, hydro-jetting machines and other sophisticated tools.
Personalized approach. Since every case is different, we never proceed to work without agreeing on every detail and providing answers to all your questions. We also provide a comprehensive guarantee for our services and exhaustive recommendations on your sewage maintenance.
Call for drain and sewer cleaning today and get a free quote for prompt, courteous and high-quality drain line cleaning service!