Drain Pipes Replacement
Superior Plumbing & Heating has 16 years of experience, thousands of satisfied customers, and more than 35 licensed plumbers who are ready to quickly fix any plumbing problems 365 days a year, even on weekends and holidays. Our qualified employee will come to your house, apartment, office, cottage, etc., as quickly as possible to make your day easier. You just need to call a professional at the number indicated on the website and explain your problem.
Have you noticed problems with pipes? Rust, leak, break? During operation, wear of individual elements of the system may occur. The drainage pipe is no exception. Sooner or later, an unexpected situation is detected — a leak has appeared. At first glance, this may seem like a rather troublesome task, but with Superior Plumbing & Heating, this is not the case. Solving your plumbing problems is our job.
A leaking drain pipe can cause unplanned repairs not only in your apartment but also for those who live below you. An amateur repair can turn a small crack into a huge hole, and a simple pipe replacement, which would take an experienced plumber a minimum of time, will turn into a major repair.
Timely detection of damage and drain pipes replacement allows for minimizing damage to your property from possible flooding. Whatever pipe leaks: metal, polypropylene, metal-plastic, or polyethylene, repairs cannot be postponed; they must be carried out as soon as you find drops of water. The place of damage is often easy to find on your own, but it is better to entrust the repair to professionals. We provide high-qualty work, at an affordable price, on time, satisfying all your wishes.
Why do pipes leak and how to solve this problem?
Like any plumbing equipment, pipes need periodic maintenance and timely repairs. Along with the elimination of blockages, owners of apartments and private houses often have to deal with leaks and depressurization of pipes. Why is this happening? Do not forget that they can wear out and rust; it also happens that a leaking pipe is a result of a clogged drain and other reasons:
- system wear and tear;
- mechanical damage;
- violation of threaded and welded joints;
- violation of the operating mode;
- incorrect installation;
- manufacturing defects.
What to do, what actions to take to eliminate these problems? Replacing a damaged part is a complicated procedure, especially when it comes to a vertical riser in a multi-story building. This is because:
- It is necessary to stop water consumption and, accordingly, the discharge of water by all neighbours in the riser. To do this, you will have to turn off the water for several hours. To perform the procedure, we recommend turning to drain repair services;
- The replacement process is associated with the appearance of dirt and dirty water in the living space, especially at the point of repair work:
- firstly, when repairing, a cutting tool is used, and it produces dust, smoke, and numerous metal chips;
- secondly, the contents of the pipe and from stripping will inevitably end up on the floor;
- thirdly, the smell — the channel is open, and the airflow will be directed inside the rooms.
There are other, less significant difficulties. It follows that the replacement of vertical parts must be addressed to special services. Horizontal parts that affect only one living space are much easier to change, but this is best left to professionals. Superior Plumbing & Heating is always there to help to solve any issue with pipes leak.
How to detect a leak, and do you need the help of professionals for this?
As we have already said, it often happens that a leak can be noticed on its own without the help of specialists, but, as elsewhere, there are exceptions. Sometimes water leaks caused by damage to plumbing, heating, and sewage systems can be hidden in some cases, and it can be very difficult to find a breakdown without the help of professionals. Before we figure out how to detect a breakdown, let’s get acquainted with the indicators that a problem exists and needs to be addressed urgently:
- there is no consumption, but the meter is spinning;
- payment for water has sharply increased several times;
- the pressure in the system drops, the make-up pump turns on;
- neighbours from below or parts of the house located below ground level flooded.
For water leak detection, a combined survey method is used, which includes thermal imaging of surfaces, a study of the moisture content of building materials, and an acoustic search for pipeline depressurization points. The combined use of 3 different methods allows you to reliably detect damage to pipelines and the source of leakage.
The use of thermal imaging to search for leaks is because the thermophysical characteristics of building materials depend on humidity. The higher the moisture content of the material, the higher its thermal conductivity; therefore, near the place of water leakage, the heat flux reaches its maximum values.
Finding a leak in a pipeline, both underground and inside multi-storey buildings, is not a simple measurement but a comprehensive survey that requires knowledge, experience, and high-level equipment. Superior Plumbing & Heating has all the necessary technical and human resources to solve this problem as responsibly and efficiently as possible.
How is a sewer repair done?
Superior Plumbing & Heating’s many years of experience allows us to state that in each case, the installation of sewerage systems, as well as its repair and maintenance, is a job for real professionals and specialists with the necessary experience. We take into account how unique each project of a building or structure is, so any order is carefully worked out by a specialist. Thanks to solid work and modern equipment, sewer repair is carried out in the shortest possible time. This saves not only money but also time.
Installation and repair of sewage are carried out by specialists in strict accordance with the technical requirements, the individual characteristics of the building, and the wishes of the customer. Arriving at a call to a client, the masters of our service department quickly determine the cause of the leakage of sewer pipes, both internal and external, identify the damaged area, and choose the best way to eliminate the accident. Installation and repair of sewerage in any building and structure are carried out:
- using the latest technological equipment;
- with the participation of the best specialists in the field with impressive work experience;
- in a short time;
- at the best rates.
When do you need to change the sewer pipe and who to contact for help?
Replacing the sewer riser in the house can be either complete — throughout the house, or partial — only in one apartment. The latter is carried out when:
- A sewer pipe is leaking in a certain place;
- The owner or tenant plans to carry out a complete overhaul of the bathroom with the replacement of old pipes with new ones;
- The housing company is carrying out a planned overhaul in the house.
When repairing sewers, planning is the first thing, which displays the locations of the nodes, the pipe joints, and also the slope of the pipes. Usually, the replacement of sewer lines in a house is carried out along with the installation of a water pipe, which means that these systems are designed on-site. The plan also indicates the level at which the pipes will be located on the floor, the diameters of the pipes, and the schematic location of the collectors and plumbing fixtures. Creating such a scheme is not for everyone, but for Superior Plumbing & Heating, it is not a huge task.
There is a certain algorithm that the masters adhere to when performing installation work. The sequence may vary depending on the specific layout of your home.
- First, workers lay a branch: the pipe that passes through the wall and connects the internal and external systems must be located in a sleeve – a protective casing. In the transition, the pipe must be in one piece, without joints.
- Next is the installation of the riser: if the pipe passing through all the floors of the house does not exceed 10 meters, then install 1 riser. The second must be at a greater distance.
- The last is the pipe layout: bends with the largest diameter of 10-11 centimeters are installed at the toilet. The rest of the pipes leading to the bathrooms are 5 cm each.
Connection of all devices is carried out after the complete installation of the sewage system and preliminary testing of the system. Upon completion of all work, Superior Plumbing & Heating specialists test the tightness of the connections and spill the entire system from above with clean water.
How is the trenchless repair of underground pipes performed?
Over time, all underground communications inevitably age, requiring repair or complete replacement. The gradual destruction of sewer pipes leads to a decrease in throughput and the formation of blockages or leaks. Trenchless drain replacement allows you to quickly solve the problems associated with laying communications and restoring their tightness.
With the trenchless option for repairing or reconstructing sewer pipelines, a new pipe is installed inside the old one. During the work, the failed structure can either collapse or remain intact as additional protection for the new pipe from adverse external factors.
There are several most commonly used trenchless pipeline repair options, including:
- cement-sand insulation;
- plastic sleeve;
- “pipe in a pipe,” etc.
Key benefits of trenchless pipe replacement include:
- no damage to the soil;
- the efficiency of work;
- minimal risk of harm to neighbouring communications;
- extension of the service life of the structure without high financial costs;
- there is no need to block roads.
The cost of trenchless sewer repair depends on the chosen method and the diameter of the communications. At Superior Plumbing & Heating, the cost is calculated individually, based on the complexity of the tasks and the amount of work. This method is much cheaper than traditional repairs, which involve digging trenches, removing old communications, and laying new lines.
If there is an acute problem with the leakage of sewer pipes, independent steps are possible:
- The first step, natural and most basic, is to call Superior Plumbing & Heating;
- The second step is to limit water consumption and discharge in your apartment and notify your neighbours about an unpleasant emergency.
- The third step is to temporarily eliminate the leak before the arrival of the craftsmen; if you have access to it, for example: wrap the breakthrough site with a cloth or seal it with sealant.
Experienced professionals of Superior Plumbing & Heating will promptly perform the work and breakdowns, as it never happened!